- How It Works
- All Projects
- All Services
- Write my essay
- Buy essay online
- Custom coursework
- Creative writing
- Custom admission essay
- College essay writers
- IB extended essays
- Buy speech online
- Pay for essays
- College papers
- Do my homework
- Write my paper
- Custom dissertation
- Buy research paper
- Buy dissertation
- Write my dissertation
- Essay for cheap
- Essays for sale
- Non-plagiarized essays
- Buy coursework
- Term paper help
- Buy assignment
- Custom thesis
- Custom research paper
- College paper
- Coursework writing
- Edit my essay
- Nurse essays
- Business essays
- Custom term paper
- Buy college essays
- Buy book report
- Cheap custom essay
- Argumentative essay
- Assignment writing
- Custom book report
- Custom case study
- Doctorate essay
- Finance essay
- Scholarship essays
- Essay topics
- Research paper topics
- Essay samples
- Top Query Link
How To Write A Halloween Essay? Best Advice
Halloween is an excellent time to celebrate but writing a persuasive essay on Halloween is another topic for discussion. Many college and university students find it tedious crafting such a paper and scoring low grades. To others, such an assignment is scary, and they end up not attempting it all. But should that be the case for all students? Well, our experts have prepared a tip-top guide on how to write Halloween essays that will make you a superstar. Keep reading.
What is a Halloween Essay?
It is an academic paper on Halloween that takes place on 31 st October every year. Now, Halloween is usually a night of customs filled with fun and merry-making. The Halloween tradition has rich ancient religious stories, beliefs, and history. With its origin over 2000 years ago in Celtic Ireland, the festival has developed roots in most parts of Europe.
Outline For Halloween Essays
Many students think that knowing how to write a Halloween essay introduction is all to it. Nonetheless, it would help if you had more than an understanding of one section to craft a brilliant Halloween essay sample. You will have to know the following background information first:
Origin of the Halloween festival Its significance to the communities that celebrate it The cultural and religious implications of the festival
With such knowledge, you are good to proceed to the structure of a Halloween essay which is a swift process. Like any other essay, a Halloween paper has three parts; introduction, body and conclusion. Below is a brief description of this structure:
- The introduction should contain catchy facts and ideas on Halloween that would immerse the reader into your essay. The beginning can also have proverbs, citations, some wise words, or quotes on Halloween. The thesis statement which comes in the intro should be brief and informative. Remember that the introduction paints a picture of what to expect, and as such, it should be captivating.
- The body: This is the part that explains the thesis statement in detail. It contains arguments and facts that support the main idea presented in the thesis statement. It is essential to connect every paragraph of the body logically to make your essay flow. To make this section more interesting, use vivid details and descriptions when narrating your story.
- Conclusion: It is the shortest part of your Halloween essay that wraps up your discussion. The decision should summarize the main points and restate the thesis statement. For an excellent article, ensure that your conclusion leaves a mark on your audience. Do not leave them scared and frustrated as people celebrating Halloween for the first time.
To ace your paper, you can look at the various Halloween essay example tasks online. These will give you ideas as well as tips on how to write a thrilling Halloween paper.
Halloween Essay Example
Halloween is widely celebrated in the U.S. and has a number of strange characteristics that make it similar to other rituals of reversal. Some social roles are reversed during Halloween. One example is that children hold power over adults through “trick or treat” as they can make adults give them candy and other things that they would not usually get. There are also many different costumes.
One type of costume that gets a lot of attention are the “sexy” costumes made for women and girls that are different to what they would normally wear. On a normal day no-one would wear that type of clothing but on Halloween it is OK. This is a way of everyone (particularly girls) stepping away from cultural norms and having the freedom to dress the way they want and express themselves. There are also symbolic messages behind the costumes in that they are supposed to imitate “scary” things. Anyone wearing a clown or vampire costume in everyday life would be seen as strange but on Halloween this is considered normal behavior.
Halloween can serve many functions in contemporary U.S. society. It is one of the most creative holidays in that it allows people to express themselves in costume and clothing, as well as make things and decorate their homes in an interesting way. It is also a kind of equalizing holiday because many costumes can be made at home from everyday objects, and pumpkins to carve are not expensive. In this way, everyone can join in with Halloween festivities, whereas Christmas (for example) can be very expensive with the presents and light shows. It is also an important holiday because it is fun for both children and adults – children can go to “trick or treat” whilst adults get to dress up and go to parties.
Let’s have a look at some exciting Halloween topics for your inspiration:
History of Halloween Essay Topics
- Analyze the myths behind the origins of Halloween
- Discuss the role of the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain in Halloween
- Why do people light bonfires and wear costumes during Halloween?
- Evaluate the development of the Halloween festival from the 8 th century
- What aspects of All Saints Day featured in Halloween?
- Discuss the evolution of Halloween into a day of activities
- Traditional festive gatherings that define Halloween
- Discuss how people in the United Kingdom and northern France celebrated Halloween in the 18 th century
- Why was Halloween associated with human death?
- Discuss the connection between the worlds of the living and the dead and Halloween
- The role of Celtic priests in furthering the Halloween festival
- Why did people offer crop and animal sacrifices during Halloween?
- Discuss the role of the conquest of the Roman Empire on the Celtic territory
- The role of religion in contributing to the development of Halloween
- How did Pope Gregory III contribute to the furthering of the Halloween festival?
Custom Halloween Topics For Top Performers
- Beliefs and customs of the rigid Protestant belief systems
- How did the southern colonies celebrate the Halloween festival?
- Discuss the customs of different European ethnic groups concerning Halloween
- How do the American Indians celebrate Halloween?
- The impact of coronavirus on Halloween celebrations in the United States
- How did the American version of Halloween emerge?
- Should people buy costumes for their pets during Halloween?
- Discuss the typical annual autumn festivities related to Halloween
- The role of immigration in furthering Halloween
- How did the Irish Potato Famine impact Halloween?
- The role of the media in popularizing Halloween
Fast Topics For An Informative Speech On Halloween
- Discuss the “trick-or-treat” tradition of Halloween
- What is the significance of apple parings or mirrors during Halloween?
- How neighbourly get-togethers spice up Halloween celebrations
- What is the role of pranks and witchcraft in Halloween
- Familiar games that people play during Halloween
- How newspapers and community leaders contribute to furthering Halloween
- Discuss Halloween parties in the 1920s and 1930s
- Evaluate the relationship between vandalism and Halloween
- Discuss the role of the Spooky Story Hour during Halloween
- Effects of reading many Halloween stories and poems
- The part of divination games
- Halloween and watching horror films
- Impact of visiting haunted attractions during Halloween
- Why telling scary stories to lighten up Halloween
Getting Help With Halloween Essay Is Easy
An essay writing service is all you need to score top grades in your Halloween paper. We offer full essay help that will make a perfect impression on your professor. Ask our writers to work on your article today!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Have a team of vetted experts take you to the top, with professionally written papers in every area of study.
How to Write a Spooky Essay on Halloween: Tips, Topics, and Examples
In contemporary society, individuals continue to appreciate traditional festive events, with Halloween being a prime example. Common elements found in every Halloween celebration encompass:
- Donning Halloween costumes.
- Carving pumpkins.
- Sharing spooky stories.
- Exploring haunted houses.
- Participating in trick-or-treating, and more.
Regardless of the academic task at hand, such as a science fair project or a presentation, the ultimate goal is often to achieve the highest grade. If you find yourself tasked with composing a Halloween essay, our coursework help service offers compelling ideas to ensure your essay stands out.
What Is a Halloween Essay
A Halloween essay is a written composition that explores and discusses various aspects related to Halloween, the popular festive celebration observed on October 31st. In such an essay, writers may delve into the history and origins of Halloween, cultural and societal traditions associated with the holiday, personal experiences and memories, or even explore the significance of Halloween in literature, film, or art.
The essay about Halloween may encompass a range of themes, from the spooky and supernatural elements often associated with Halloween to the more lighthearted aspects such as costumes, decorations, and traditional activities like trick-or-treating. Ultimately, a Halloween essay provides an opportunity for writers to express their thoughts, reflections, and insights related to this widely celebrated and unique holiday.
Halloween Essay Step-By-Step Writing Tips
Does the mere thought of tackling your homework send shivers down your spine? Certainly, similar to any academic task, crafting an essay on Halloween demands a sense of responsibility. Adhere to the key points outlined in our checklist, an integral component of our custom dissertation writing service .
Explore Halloween Essay Ideas for Your Topics
The versatility of Halloween essays allows for creativity in choosing topics. Crafting a compelling narrative that keeps readers engaged is key to success. Striking a balance between eerie elements and informative content is crucial. Consider sharing the history of trick-or-treat bags, recounting a mystical and spine-chilling personal experience, or even writing a book review on Halloween literature.
Conduct Thorough Research
To impress your audience with intriguing ideas and captivating details, delve into background information. Utilize old books or online resources, ensuring the credibility of your sources. Watching spooky movies or immersing yourself in Halloween stories can further enrich your essay with authentic and compelling content.
Adhere to a Structured Approach
While the theme is Halloween, maintaining a structured academic format is essential. Even in the realm of a Halloween essay, academic rules of how to write coursework still make a difference. Follow the conventions of scholarly writing, including a well-crafted thesis statement, an engaging introduction, a detailed body, and a conclusive conclusion. The thesis statement should succinctly encapsulate the main idea of your Halloween essay, setting the tone for the subsequent paragraphs.
Halloween Essay Example
Here is a nice sample of the Halloween essay for you.
Does the deadline for your Halloween essay creep from around the corner?
Fear no more with our fantastic essay writers! Night or day, they are always ready to write an assignment!
Halloween Essay Types
If you're aiming for top grades and the approval of your teachers, adhere to their specifications for the Halloween essay. Typically, they outline the desired type of work, which may fall into the following categories:
Narrative Halloween Essay
Crafting a narrative Halloween essay involves recounting a series of events, whether real or imaginary. For instance, share the details of your most recent Halloween as an illustration. Alternatively, let your imagination run wild and pen a story about an encounter with a haunted house.
Descriptive Halloween Essay
True to its name, a descriptive Halloween essay provides a detailed portrayal of the chosen topic. Narrate a story aligned with the theme of your Halloween costume, or delve into the intricacies of the jack-o-lantern you intricately carved during a festive gathering.
Informative Halloween Essay
If your goal is to impart knowledge, consider composing an informative essay. This Halloween paper can encompass details about the holiday's history or traditions. Explore topics such as the origins of spooky costumes, the significance of lighting bonfires, or the cultural variations in celebrations among different European ethnic groups.
Halloween Writing Prompt Ideas
Looking for inspirational Halloween essay ideas? Look no further! We present a compilation of compelling Halloween essay topics, and undoubtedly, at least one of these essay examples is sure to resonate with you.
Spooky Topics for a Short Essay About Halloween
People are drawn to narratives that evoke spine-chilling sensations, making a scary Halloween essay particularly appealing to readers. While an essay on "why Halloween is the best holiday" is fitting, there are numerous other ideas to explore:
- The ghostly origins of Halloween: Unraveling the historical roots of Halloween's spookiness.
- Exploring the mysteries within the infamous haunted house on Elm Street.
- What makes midnight on Halloween so bewitching?
- The legend of the headless horseman.
- The dark side of trick-or-treating: Examining the potential dark undertones of the seemingly innocent tradition of trick-or-treating.
- Have you heard the chilling tales of costumes carrying mysterious curses?
- Tracing the eerie history behind the tradition of carving jack-o'-lanterns.
- Spirits among us: Ghost stories of Halloween.
- Discovering the mysteries within the deserted grounds of Halloween carnivals left in abandonment.
- The enigmatic black cat: superstitions and folklore.
Best 5 Paragraph Essay About Halloween Ideas
Typically, a standard essay comprises approximately five sections. This structure enables the writer to convey their message concisely. Hence, select Halloween writing topics that can be effectively explored within a few paragraphs.
- How have Halloween traditions evolved over time?
- What makes haunted houses a compelling journey into fear?
- How have Halloween costumes transitioned from tradition to trend?
- What ghostly legends define the essence of Halloween?
- Is trick-or-treating a sweet tradition or a dark deception?
- How has the tradition of carving jack-o'-lanterns evolved through history?
- How does Halloween manifest in literature and film as a spooky spectacle?
- What psychological aspects drive fear during Halloween?
- How does Halloween celebrate cultural variations around the world?
- How has Halloween been shaped by popular culture?
Awesome Topics for an Essay About the Halloween Festival
If you have a penchant for various celebrations, you might consider crafting an essay about them. Explore a variety of Halloween essay options:
- The history and origins of the Halloween festival.
- Haunted attractions: A thrill or a frightening experience?
- Costumes through time: Evolution of Halloween dressing.
- Trick-or-treating: Innocent tradition or modern concern?
- Carving tradition: The cultural significance of Jack-o'-Lanterns.
- Halloween in popular culture: Depictions in movies and literature.
- Cultural diversity in Halloween celebrations around the world.
- Halloween and superstitions: Folklore and beliefs.
- DIY Halloween decor: Crafting spooky ambiance at home.
- Halloween and commercialization: Is the spirit lost in consumerism?
Creepy Ideas for Essay on Halloween Parties
- Can you unravel the mystique of Halloween parties?
- Eerie elegance – transforming spaces into hauntingly beautiful venues.
- How can you explore spooky and tasty Halloween party recipes?
- Whispering walls: How does ghostly décor send shivers down your spine?
- Setting the right tone with a spine-chilling playlist.
- Costume chronicles: The psychology behind creepy costumes.
- Haunted games and activities: How to ensure goosebumps and laughter coexist.
- Witch's brew and potions – crafting sinister cocktails for all to sip.
- Ghostly guests – The art of inviting spirits to your Halloween bash?
- The witching hour: The secrets to hosting a truly unforgettable midnight soirée.
Scary Halloween History Essay Ideas
Do you need to set a deadline for composing your essay on the history of Halloween? Undoubtedly, understanding the origins of beloved holidays is crucial for expanding your worldview and knowledge. If you're contemplating what to include in your paper, here are some suggestions for your history of Halloween essay:
- The Witch Trials: How did the fear of witches shape Halloween's dark history?
- Origins of Trick-or-Treating: Can you trace the spooky roots of this beloved tradition?
- Eerie tales and legends that contribute to Halloween's mystique.
- How did disguising oneself become an integral part of Halloween?
- Ancient rituals laid the foundation for modern Halloween.
- What's the history behind carving frightening faces on pumpkins?
- How did Halloween become intertwined with the supernatural?
- What led to the Christian influence on this pagan festival?
- Documented accounts of paranormal activity on Halloween.
- Commercialization of Fear: How did the Halloween industry turn fright into a lucrative business?
Top Essay Topics on Trick-or-Treating and Other Halloween Traditions
If you have an affinity for Halloween traditions, exploring an essay on this subject could be captivating. Choose from the Halloween paper ideas we provide below:
- How has this Halloween tradition transformed over time?
- What role do community interactions play in the trick-or-treating experience?
- How do different cultures incorporate trick-or-treating into their Halloween festivities?
- DIY Halloween Treats: What are some creative and spooky homemade treats for trick-or-treaters?
- How do costumes contribute to the overall trick-or-treating experience?
- Alternative Halloween Celebrations – Non-traditional ways to celebrate Halloween without trick-or-treating.
- Trick-or-Treating Etiquette: Do's and don'ts for both givers and receivers during Halloween.
- How can communities ensure a safe environment for trick-or-treaters?
- Historical Roots of Halloween: How did trick-or-treating become intertwined with this ancient celebration?
- Exploring the irresistible charm of Halloween traditions.
Are you drowning in a pile of assignments?
Get a helping hand from our academic writing experts . The speed and quality of work are going to surprise you!
In conclusion, the possibilities for a Halloween essay are limitless. Embracing all the suggestions can turn the writing process into a surprisingly enjoyable endeavor. Consider the subjects you wish to explore, choose the most captivating topic, and embark on creating an exemplary assignment!
Halloween: For or Against?
MIDDLE SCHOOL PROMPTS
Okay, so we’re close to Halloween.
For some Christians, Halloween can be a controversial event.
Some families celebrate it as a harmless and fun day to dress up and collect candy. Others view it as having satanic or questionable roots and do not celebrate it.
If your family does not recognize Halloween, explain why. Give one or two clear reasons why your family does not celebrate it.
Looking for a writing prompt to celebrate Reformation Day?
A version of this prompt was first posted on SchoolhouseTeachers.com . You can go directly to SchoolhouseTeachers.com to sign up and take advantage of many exciting courses written for grades K-12.
Teachers, connect with Sharon on Facebook or Pinterest !
Help your struggling writers—and you!—by identifying five hurdles to writing. Then learn practical actions you can take against those hurdles.
This article by me in The Old Schoolhouse magazine is also loaded with links to other helpful posts that will give you and your writers some welcome relief.
Click here to drain some of the tension from your writing class
Frustrated that your students don’t finish an essay or don’t know the steps to complete one? Worry no more! Click here for my latest article in The Informer about a super-practical writing schedule you WILL use!
Looking for something?
Grading Essays Made Easy
Middle school prompts
Download free samples of our courses here. Dismiss
78 Halloween Essay Topic Ideas & Examples
🏆 best halloween topic ideas & essay examples, 📌 simple & easy halloween essay titles, 🥇 good research topics about halloween, ❓ halloween research questions.
- Why Halloween Celebration Is Bad It signifies the time when the wall between the world of the dead or supernatural and the living was broken down.
- Halloween and Dia de Los Muertos Celebrations Halloween was celebrated by the Celtic inhabitants to mark the beginning of the New Year celebrations. The Druids were the priests, and the educated class of the Celtic group. We will write a custom essay specifically for you by our professional experts 808 writers online Learn More
- Halloween Celebration in the United States During the event, I learnt a number of factors that were very practical in increasing the level of pleasure and joy that one can derive from the festival.
- Halloween: Origins and Modern Traditions There was a belief that the night before the beginning of winter, the limits between the dead and the living blurred, and ghosts returned to haunt.
- Halloween: Ancient Religious Roots and Traditions Preview: After conducting in-depth research, in the next few minutes, I will inform you about the history of Halloween, how the modern trick-or-treat tradition came to be, and the practice of wearing costumes.
- “Halloween” (1978): A Film Analysis Since the plot of the movies of the killer genre revolves around the murderer, it is only fair that the way his presence and actions are depicted is what makes the story horrifying.
- The Global Festival of Halloween or Hallow Eve The festival’s roots came from the traditions of religious attention to the edge between the world of the living and the dead.
- Why Should We Not Celebrate Halloween? In other words, Halloween used to be a celebration of all saints and a cultural phenomenon equal to the Day of the Dead in other parts of the world.
- Comparing and Contrasting: Halloween to Day of the Dead
- Americans Should Abolish Halloween as a Traditional Holiday
- Comparison Between Halloween and Easter
- Is Your Kid’s Halloween Costume Safe?
- Role of Religion in Contributing to the Development of Halloween
- Why Catholics Should Not Celebrate Halloween
- Celebrating Halloween and Being an Exemplary Believer as a Paradox
- Comparing and Contrasting Between Prom Night and Halloween Night
- Discrimination Issues Appearing During Halloween
- Halloween History and Traditions: Old and New
- Racist and Culturally Oppressive Customs During Halloween in the United States
- The Reasons Why Halloween Is the Best Celebration of the Year
- The History and Origins of Halloween
- Halloween: The Gate Between the Living and the Spirit World Opens
- Role of the Conquest of the Roman Empire on the Celtic Territory
- The History and the Negative Effects of Halloween
- The Origin and Development of the Halloween Tradition
- The Past and Present of Halloween
- The Symbolism and Traditions in Halloween
- Why Keeping Halloween Traditions Is Important
- The Issue of Gender Roles During Halloween
- Finding the Definition of Halloween in Different Works of Literature
- Halloween and Day of the Dead: The Unique Difference
- The Dark History Behind Halloween
- The Role of the Media in Popularizing Halloween
- The Difference Between Samhain and Halloween
- The Effect of Media on the Popularization of Halloween
- How Has the Halloween Celebration Evolved?
- The Myths Behind the Origins of Halloween
- The Development of the Halloween Festival From the 8th Century
- The Evolution of Halloween Into a Day of Activities
- Traditional Festive Gatherings That Define Halloween
- How People in the UK and France Celebrated Halloween in the 18th Century
- Connection Between the Worlds of the Living and the Dead and Halloween
- The Role of Celtic Priests in Furthering the Halloween Festival
- The Customs of Different European Ethnic Groups Concerning Halloween
- The Impact of Coronavirus on Halloween Celebrations in the United States
- The Typical Annual Autumn Festivities Related to Halloween
- The Role of Immigration in Furthering Halloween
- Overview of the “Trick-Or-Treat” Tradition of Halloween
- What Are the Changing Halloween Costume Trends?
- Should Americans Abolish Halloween as a Traditional Holiday?
- What Are the Most Popular Halloween Movies?
- What Is the History of Halloween?
- Do Stores Have Sales Before Halloween?
- What Is the Scariest Outdoor Decoration for Halloween?
- What Are the Most Popular Halloween Sweets?
- How Is Halloween Traditionally Celebrated?
- What Are the Similarities and Differences Between Halloween and the Day of the Dead?
- Is Dracula a Popular Halloween Icon?
- What Is the Most Popular Halloween Symbol?
- What Is Better to Use on Halloween, a Mask or Makeup?
- Do You Celebrate Halloween With the Whole Family?
- Why Is Halloween Celebrated in October?
- Should Catholics Participate in Halloween?
- Are Gothic Buildings Associated With Halloween?
- Why Do Children Love Halloween?
- What Are the Myths and Legends About Halloween?
- How to Create a Budget Costume for Halloween?
- What Are the Most Questionable Celebrity Halloween Costumes of All Time?
- Why Are Pumpkins Popular on Halloween?
- Are There Racist and Culturally Repressive Halloween Customs in the United States?
- Are Sexy Halloween Costumes Appropriate?
- What Are the Best Pet Costumes for Halloween?
- The Halloween Effect and Japanese Stock Prices: Myth or Anomaly?
- What Are the Negative Effects of Halloween?
- What Do Halloween Colors Symbolize?
- What Skills Are Used When Carving Halloween Pumpkins?
- What Are Some Halloween Games for Kids?
- What Does Halloween Teach Children?
- Chicago (A-D)
- Chicago (N-B)
IvyPanda. (2023, September 26). 78 Halloween Essay Topic Ideas & Examples. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/halloween-essay-topics/
"78 Halloween Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." IvyPanda , 26 Sept. 2023, ivypanda.com/essays/topic/halloween-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . (2023) '78 Halloween Essay Topic Ideas & Examples'. 26 September.
IvyPanda . 2023. "78 Halloween Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." September 26, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/halloween-essay-topics/.
1. IvyPanda . "78 Halloween Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." September 26, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/halloween-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . "78 Halloween Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." September 26, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/halloween-essay-topics/.
- Festival Essay Ideas
- Celtic Civilization Ideas
- Afterlife Research Topics
- Christmas Essay Titles
- History Topics
- Thanksgiving Research Ideas
- Salem Witch Trials Research Topics
- Social Media Marketing Topics
- Contemporary Art Questions
- Culture Topics
- Witchcraft Research Ideas
- Fear Questions
- Dracula Ideas
- Entertainment Ideas
- Dress Code Ideas
Halloween Essay: How to Write, Topics and Essay Ideas
So, there are a few days left before Halloween, one of the favorite American holidays both for kids and adults. Most probably, your teacher will ask to prepare a Halloween essay. And most probably, it is not the first Halloween essay that you need to prepare.
Our specialists will write a custom essay specially for you!
We are sure that right now your head is busy with ideas for a Halloween party, your costume, some tricks, and so on. You absolutely do not feel like writing your Halloween essay, although the topic is fascinating.
Yet, even really amazing topics should be properly covered. Let Custom-writing.org offer you several ways of completing your Halloween essay, which will not take too much time and efforts.
🔝 Top 10 Halloween Essay Ideas
- Your favorite Halloween specials
- What traditions define Halloween?
- What makes trick-or-treating dangerous?
- Why are apples associated with Halloween?
- How does Halloween impact the economy?
- Different Halloween customs around the world
- The difference between Samhain and Halloween
- The effect of media in the popularization of Halloween
- How has the Halloween celebration evolved over time?
- How has religion contributed to Halloween’s development?
Writing Halloween Essays: Way #1
Imagine that you have a friend who lives in a country where Halloween is not popular, and you have to tell him/her about the holiday. You can use general facts, your knowledge, and experience to complete the Halloween essay in this way.
Here are some points to include into your Halloween essay for a foreign friend:
- Say a few words about the origins of Halloween;
- Talk about the tradition of carving pumpkins. Add a couple of pictures.
- Tell how people celebrate Halloween . Give details on how people decorate their houses and yards, how they choose costumes, how kids do trick-or-treating, how Halloween parties are organized.
Writing Halloween Essays: Way #2
Another easy and exciting way to prepare a Halloween essay is to make up a scary story. Think about a good idea for your story involving ghosts, witches, dead men. Mind that descriptions, vivid details will make your Halloween essay more impressive.
Just in 1 hour! We will write you a plagiarism-free paper in hardly more than 1 hour
Your Halloween essay can also be based on your personal experience (sure, you can make up some details). It can be something like “Last Halloween, I and two other guys decided to visit that old, abandoned house that was believed to be haunted. As it turned out, ghosts were there!”
Our tips for writing remembered event essays and a narration essay might be useful.
Learn more on this topic:
- Coral Reef Essay: Descriptive Writing How-to Guide
- Best Descriptive Essays That Win Top Marks
- Harriet Tubman Essay: How to Write, Prompts and Ideas
- Americanism Essay Writing: How-to Guide, Tips, Topics
- Share to Facebook
- Share to Twitter
- Share to LinkedIn
- Share to email
i really needed this and i have a presentation in a few days and i really needed a speech for my project thanks!!
Good luck with your project, Megan! Our experts always ready to help with any task🙂
Everybody loves HALLOWEEN and your article is really good one 😀
Thank you very much for stopping by! We hope to see you again on our blog. Feel free to browse other posts and categories. Have a nice week!
Thanks so much for interesting ideas for my Halloween essay. Though it is too early to write about Halloween, but this is my favorite holiday, and I can’t but dedicate my paper to it! Good luck!
When I was given to write an essay about my favorite holiday, I chose Halloween. In your article on writing Halloween essays, I found lots of fascinating ideas for my paper. Thanks for them very much!
Recommended for You
Nationalism Essay: Topics, Examples, & Tips
A nationalism essay is focused on the idea of devotion and loyalty to one’s country and its sovereignty. In your paper, you can elaborate on its various aspects. For example, you might want to describe the phenomenon’s meaning or compare the types of nationalism. You might also be interested in...
Human Trafficking Essay Topics, Outline, & Example 
“People for sale” is a phrase that describes exactly what human trafficking is. It also makes for an attention-grabbing title for an essay on this subject. You are going to talk about a severe problem, so it’s crucial to hook the reader from the get-go. A human trafficking essay is...
256 Advantages and Disadvantages Essay Topics [2024 Update]
Is globalization a beneficial process? What are the pros and cons of a religious upbringing? Do the drawbacks of immigration outweigh the benefits? These questions can become a foundation for your advantages and disadvantages essay. And we have even more ideas to offer! There is nothing complicated about writing this...
World War 2 Essay: Outline + 100 WW2 Research Topics
This time you have to write a World War II essay, paper, or thesis. It means that you have a perfect chance to refresh those memories about the war that some of us might forget. So many words can be said about the war in that it seems you will...
413 Science and Technology Essay Topics to Write About 
Would you always go for Bill Nye the Science Guy instead of Power Rangers as a child? Were you ready to spend sleepless nights perfecting your science fair project? Or maybe you dream of a career in science? Then this guide by Custom-Writing.org is perfect for you. Here, you’ll find...
256 Satirical Essay Topics & Satire Essay Examples 
A satire essay is a creative writing assignment where you use irony and humor to criticize people’s vices or follies. It’s especially prevalent in the context of current political and social events. A satirical essay contains facts on a particular topic but presents it in a comical way. This task...
Home » Writers-House Blog » Guide to Writing a Halloween Essay
Guide to Writing a Halloween Essay
If you need to write a Halloween essay, you may experience some difficulties. Fortunately, Writers-House is always here to help you. Halloween is a unique day. Children love this holiday because they can put on funny or scary costumes and get some candy. This day has very interesting traditions, which makes it a great topic for an A+ essay.
- First of all, you should choose a topic. Determine what would be interesting for your audience and write a good title.
- Write an outline so that you can clearly understand what your essay will look like.
- Search for interesting facts about Halloween. For example, you can tell your readers why people started to wear weird costumes or why this day is associated with the dead.
- Your essay must have a clear structure, consisting of an introduction, body, and conclusion. Besides, make sure to check the requirements regarding the number of pages and word count.
- Use the appropriate style and the right citation format.
- Will people celebrate Halloween in the future?
- The tradition of carving a pumpkin.
- What you don’t know about the history of Halloween.
- Why do some people say that Halloween shouldn’t be celebrated?
- The best ways to spend Halloween.
Make sure to not only present interesting facts but also analyze them and explain your own opinion. These factors will to a large extent determine your grade.
Interesting Facts About Halloween
As we’ve already mentioned above, you should try to provide interesting facts. Research your topic, find evidence from proven sources, and analyze them in your essay. Here are some facts about this holiday.
- Druids believed that spirits can visit our world and even live in the bodies of living beings. They were also trying to predict the future. However, their traditions have changed because of the Roman Empire invading Celtic territories.
- There was a Celtic holiday devoted to the God of Death. On this day, which was the last day of October, Celts made big sacred fires and put on animal skins and heads.
- On November 1st, Romans celebrated All Saints’ Day. Instead of wearing animal skins, they started to dress up as ghosts, witches, and book characters. To repel ghosts, people carved jack-o’-lanterns and threw huge parties.
- The tradition of trick-or-treating first appeared in England, where it was a part of All Souls’ Day celebration. People baked “soul cakes” and gave them to the poor. Modern people also buy sweets to give them to kids.
Make sure to always check your sources for reliability. Avoid sources that express personal opinions. We recommend that you determine what sources are considered reliable by your college. For instance, many professors don’t like it when students use Wikipedia.
How to Start and How to Finish
All the essays have a certain logical structure. The structure of your essay must include an introduction, body, and conclusion. It’s especially important to write a catchy introduction because it will help you make a good impression. Writing experts recommend that you begin your introductions with interesting facts, anecdotes, citations, proverbs, or short stories. You can include such attention-grabbing elements both at the beginning and at the end of your Halloween essay.
Your introduction should also contain a thesis statement. Make sure that it’s brief yet informative because it will serve as the basis for the whole essay. Keep different sections of your essay logically connected to each other and make sure that the ideas from the body of your essay support the thesis statement. The conclusion and introduction must be the shortest sections of your essay.
You should use the right citation format and include footnotes and a bibliography section if needed. Make sure that your essay meets the requirements of your college.
The Style Does Matter
When writing an essay about Halloween, we recommend that you pay attention to its style. The most common writing styles are descriptive, narrative, persuasive, and expository. Each style can be a good choice for essays of a certain type.
For instance, you can use the narrative style to tell a story from your life. You may share some memories about Halloween with your readers, providing vivid details so that your readers can feel like they were present at that moment and shared it with you.
The expository style requires you to focus on evidence that you’ve collected from various sources and to analyze it. Expository essays shouldn’t be emotional.
Descriptive essay about Halloween can focus on such details as smells, sounds, colors, tastes, etc. They require you to create a realistic picture.
You may also write a persuasive essay about Halloween, arguing for a certain opinion and persuading your readers to agree with you. You can also make such an essay stronger if you interview a reputable person.
Leave a Reply
Be the First to Comment!
Place your order
- Essay Writer
- Essay Writing Service
- Term Paper Writing
- Research Paper Writing
- Assignment Writing Service
- Cover Letter Writing
- CV Writing Service
- Resume Writing Service
- 5-Paragraph Essays
- Paper By Subjects
- Affordable Papers
- Prime quality of each and every paper
- Everything written per your instructions
- Native-speaking expert writers
- 100% authenticity guaranteed
- Timely delivery
- Attentive 24/7 customer care team
- Benefits for return customers
- Affordable pricing
- Share full article
The Future of Medicine Is Unfolding Before Us. Are We Nurturing It?
By Elizabeth Currid-Halkett
Dr. Currid-Halkett is a Guggenheim fellow and professor of public policy at the University of Southern California.
On Jan. 8, 2020, as I was parking my car, I got a long-awaited phone call from one of my son’s doctors. She informed me that our 7-month-old son, Eliot, had Duchenne muscular dystrophy, a fatal neuromuscular disease.
I can still remember the way the Los Angeles winter sunlight hit the dashboard. I can see my neighbor walking up her steps with groceries, a leaf falling, oblivious to the devastation below. “Life changes in an instant,” Joan Didion wrote. “The ordinary instant.” Our son had a fatal illness. He would die before us.
D.M.D. prevents the production of dystrophin, a protein needed to protect and repair muscle cells. It is caused by a genetic mutation on the X chromosome, thus the disease almost exclusively affects boys (one in 3,300). Over time, children with D.M.D. lose muscle mass and thus the ability to do basic things like run and walk. Eventually they lose their ability to breathe, and they experience heart failure. There is no known cure. While existing treatments have helped extend the life span of sufferers, they mainly focus on managing symptoms.
In my search for answers for how to save my son, I contacted Dr. Jerry Mendell, a now-retired neurologist at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, who was running clinical trials for an experimental gene therapy he developed to enable dystrophin production in boys with D.M.D. The treatment, now known as Elevidys, offered the prospect of not merely managing symptoms, but slowing the disease’s progression or even stopping it in its tracks — and potentially, for the first time in the history of this terrible disease, allowing boys with D.M.D. a chance to thrive.
Since I had that first conversation with Dr. Mendell (also a senior adviser for Sarepta, the maker of Elevidys), clinical trials for the gene therapy have had their ups and downs , and some adverse effects have been reported. But in June 2023, based on a two-part clinical trial, the Food and Drug Administration granted accelerated approval for the treatment for 4- and 5-year-olds who do not have other disqualifying conditions. The F.D.A.’s approval was contingent on continuing trials showing evidence of improved motor function, which had not yet been established.
Before Eliot received his treatment, he had difficulty going up stairs. He complained about being tired after walking only a block or two, even on Halloween, when candy ought to have motivated him. Hopping on one foot, a milestone for a 4-year-old, was impossible.
On Aug. 29, he finally received the one-time infusion. Three weeks later, he was marching upstairs and able to jump over and over. After four weeks, he could hop on one foot. Six weeks after treatment, Eliot’s neurologist decided to re-administer the North Star Ambulatory Assessment , used to test boys with D.M.D. on skills like balance, jumping and getting up from the floor unassisted. In June, Eliot’s score was 22 out of 34. In the second week of October, it was a perfect 34 — that of a typically developing , healthy 4-year-old boy. Head in my hands, I wept with joy. This was science at its very best, close to a miracle.
But the goal to offer this possible future to more patients with D.M.D. is in jeopardy. Sarepta is seeking F.D.A. approval to treat boys over 5 . Disagreements over the latest clinical trial’s results threaten to derail that outcome.
Moreover, what the F.D.A. decides to do next with Elevidys could set the tone for how it handles other emerging gene therapies for rare diseases. We can already see roadblocks that prevent more families from gaining access to these new treatments — from high costs and insurance challenges to dissent over how flexible regulators should be in interpreting clinical trial results and taking qualitative improvements into account. What is at stake with the debate around Elevidys is more than just the chance to give other boys with D.M.D. a more normal life. The challenges that we are witnessing with Elevidys are a harbinger of the fights we may see with gene therapies developed for other rare diseases.
There’s an opportunity to reduce those barriers now, while these treatments are still in their early phases. Every child afflicted with a life-threatening disease deserves the chance Eliot has been given.
The biggest obstacle to getting these treatments is cost. Gene therapies cost, on average, $1 million to $2 million . At $3.2 million per patient, Elevidys is the second-most-expensive drug in the world . Insurance companies would probably prefer not to foot the bill, and without full F.D.A. approval, insurance companies can refuse to cover these treatments by claiming they are medically unnecessary or experimental . Before Eliot’s treatment began, my insurance company initially said it would cover the cost but then started stalling on coverage and questioning the urgency of Eliot’s treatment. I was able to call Dana Goldman, the dean of the Sol Price School of Public Policy at the University of Southern California, where I work, to help me navigate the process. I was in the rare position to marshal resources and assistance to pressure my insurance company into covering Elevidys. Across the country, physicians are fighting denials and seeking appeals for their young patients.
Dr. Goldman has argued that one way to incentivize insurance companies to cover the high costs of treatments like gene therapies is to amortize how much the companies pay over time if the effectiveness of such treatments does not last (analogous to a pay-for-performance model). Another option is for pharmaceutical companies to offer a warranty that gives a prorated refund to the insurance company if a patient needs to return to prophylaxis treatment within a certain number of years. Costs are an especially frustrating problem for rare diseases like D.M.D., for which the extremely small patient population deters companies from investing money and resources to develop new treatments. Some experts believe the federal government ought to do more to directly complement research funding for rare diseases , as it has through the Orphan Drug Act for over four decades. The government could also defray the cost to consumers by offering subsidies directly to patients.
There’s another big role the government can play to accelerate gene therapies besides intervening in costs, and that’s to make the wheels of regulatory approval for these drugs less onerous. Flexibility doesn’t have to come at the cost of safety. The F.D.A. acted swiftly to approve an antiretroviral drug for H.I.V. in the 1980s and the Covid vaccines in December 2020, saving millions of lives without putting people in harm’s way.
But Elevidys is a case study in how the F.D.A. can get in its own way. D.M.D. patients 4 or 5 years old received access to the drug under fast-tracked approval, the first time a drug was approved under this new framework. But this was reportedly only because Peter Marks , the director of the F.D.A.’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, disagreed with his own staff’s rejection . Current concern over Elevidys’s approval for boys over 5 focuses on the most recent clinical trial results , which showed older boys, whose muscular decline is further along, did not improve on motor function as measured by the North Star Ambulatory Assessment after treatment. However, as Sarepta has noted, they still saw gains in their ability to rise from the floor and walk 10 meters, indicating possible slowing of the disease that could significantly improve and extend their lives.
Detractors suggest this improvement is not enough to meet the bar for approval. This is a common problem for rare disease trials because they often consist of very few participants. In such cases, a narrow focus on numbers ignores the real quality-of-life benefits doctors, patients and their families see from these treatments. During the advisory committee meeting for Elevidys in May 2023, I listened to F.D.A. analysts express skepticism about the drug after they watched videos of boys treated with Elevidys swimming and riding bikes. These experts — given the highest responsibility to evaluate treatments on behalf of others’ lives — seemed unable to see the forest for the trees as they focused on statistics versus real-life examples.
The F.D.A. can have a more flexible view of treatment efficacy without losing focus on safety. As with any drug, whether for migraines or asthma, there will be a spectrum of effectiveness. The same will be true of all gene therapies, and the F.D.A. should reconsider the metrics it uses to green-light these treatments now, before it potentially leaves thousands of patients in the lurch, out of access to something lifesaving.
Gene therapy is the future of medicine. Our bureaucracy and insurance companies should not hinder patients from receiving pioneering treatments that could transform their lives. As parents, we are not asking for the moon. We just want our children to live.
Elizabeth Currid-Halkett is a Guggenheim fellow and professor of public policy at the University of Southern California.
The Times is committed to publishing a diversity of letters to the editor. We’d like to hear what you think about this or any of our articles. Here are some tips . And here’s our email: [email protected] .
Follow the New York Times Opinion section on Facebook , Instagram , TikTok , X and Threads .
Why choose us
10 question spreadsheets are priced at just .39! Along with your finished paper, our essay writers provide detailed calculations or reasoning behind the answers so that you can attempt the task yourself in the future.