100+ Opinion Essay Topics
Table of Contents
It is extremely difficult to have creative juices flowing all the time. Writer’s block also makes it harder for students to bring their creativity to fruition. When writing an opinion essay on any topic or subject, the first thing that writers need to come up with is the topic itself. A great opinion topic can be compared to an excellent prompt, which gives an accurate description of the opinion paper.
How to Select the Best Opinion Essay Topic?
Selecting an impeccable and appropriate opinion essay topic is simple and subjective. This implies that writers do not necessarily need to conduct thorough research before coming up with a great topic. Nevertheless, opinion papers are still academic papers that require evidential support from reputable and credible scholastic sources. This means that in the process of writing the entire paper, writers will have to conduct some research.
Before selecting a befitting opinion paper topic, it is crucial for writers to always keep in mind some of the fundamental tips for choosing a great essay topic. For beginners, an appropriate topic should be on a subject that an individual is genuinely passionate about. The writer’s opinion on that particular subject should be incredibly strong. Having a strong opinion is the most effective way of making the work compelling and convincing enough to hold the audience’s attention
A List of Opinion Essay Topics
- Different people attend college for different reasons. In your opinion, what do you think are some of the reasons why people decide to attend college?
- Great parenting provides a foundation for any child’s life. Do you think parents form the most effective teachers for their kids? Give reasons for your opinion.
- Food preparation in contemporary society has become very easy. Drawing on this, what is your opinion on the impact of the simpler food preparation process on people’s lives?
- By comparing and contrasting between book-knowledge and knowledge from life experiences, what knowledge source is the most significant?
- In your opinion, what are some of the ways that televisions and movies influence the way people act?
- Giving specific reasons and examples, discuss some of the things that you would make changes in your hometown?
- Some people prefer a large city life while others prefer small-town life. Between the two, where would you prefer to live in?
- Hard work determines how successful and individual will be, and luck has no relation to one’s success. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
- Some people prefer to have their meals from food stands and restaurants while others prefer home-cooked meals. What is your preference?
- Some learners maintain that they learn more effectively independently, while others hold that it is better to learn from instructors. Between the two, what is your preference?
- Between a large city setting and a rural setting, which is your preferred environment for raising a kid?
- Should governments spend more on the improvement of highways and roads, why?
- In contemporary society, life expectancy is considered longer. Discuss why.
- Assuming that you got wind of the news that a huge shopping mall will be built close to your home, will you be in support of this or oppose it?
- Some people believe that humans are destroying Earth, while others argue that humans are making Earth better. What opinion do you agree with?
- Do you prefer spending money as you earn or saving it for future use?
- What is your opinion about the statement: People have to, sometimes, do things that they do not necessarily enjoy.
- Is literacy more important presently than it was in the past? Give reasons for your opinion.
- Some entertainers and athletes earn millions in salaries. Do you think that these individuals deserve such astronomical salaries?
- Assuming that you have enough funds to start a business or buy a house, which one would you choose?
- Do you prefer studying individually or in a group?
- Do you prefer to spend your entire life in a single geographical location or various locations?
- Do you agree with the contention that the most crucial component of success is self-confidence?
- What is your opinion on the argument that face-to-face interaction is better than indirect forms of communication?
- Do you think that the amount of money made by an individual is the most important part of their job?
- Some individuals think that success is a result of impeccable planning, while others think that success is a result of taking risks. What is your opinion on this?
- Do you think young people benefit from traveling?
- What is your opinion on the contention that social media damages personal relationships?
- Do you think college education should be made free to all?
The opinion essay topics listed above are an excellent way for students to learn how to select perfect topics for their papers.
Best Opinion Essay Topics for 2023
The best opinion essays in 2023 will be those that explore current, relevant, and thought-provoking topics, while providing insightful and well-researched arguments to support the author’s viewpoint. These essays will be engaging, persuasive, and grounded in evidence, providing readers with a fresh perspective on important issues.
Here are 20 best opinion essay topics for 2023:
- The future of work in a post-pandemic world
- The role of technology in shaping society
- The impact of social media on mental health
- The ethics of artificial intelligence
- The importance of sustainability in business
- The effects of climate change on global security
- The benefits and drawbacks of remote learning
- The impact of the gig economy on workers’ rights
- The value of creativity in a data-driven world
- The importance of mental health awareness and support
- The ethics of genetic engineering
- The impact of automation on the job market
- The importance of diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- The role of government in regulating big tech companies
- The impact of cryptocurrency on traditional finance systems
- The future of renewable energy
- The ethics of gene editing in humans
- The importance of privacy in the digital age
- The impact of AI on the arts and entertainment industry
- The role of education in preparing future generations for a changing world.
Good Opinion Essay Topics
An opinion essay is a type of academic writing where the author expresses their personal opinion on a certain topic and supports it with relevant arguments and evidence. A good opinion essay should present a clear, concise, and persuasive argument, while also acknowledging and addressing counterarguments.
Here are 20 good opinion essay topics:
- Should college education be free for all students?
- Is social media harmful to society?
- Should the legal voting age be lowered to 16?
- Is homeschooling a better option than traditional schooling?
- Should the death penalty be abolished?
- Is climate change a real and urgent problem?
- Should animal testing be banned?
- Is technology making us more or less productive?
- Should genetically modified organisms be used in food production?
- Is censorship necessary in art and media?
- Should professional athletes be allowed to kneel during the national anthem?
- Is the use of plastic bags and straws harmful to the environment?
- Should the government regulate the use of social media?
- Should public transportation be free?
- Is the use of smartphones harmful to our mental health?
- Should parents be held responsible for their children’s actions?
- Should the drinking age be lowered or raised?
- Is it ethical to use animals for scientific research?
- Should marijuana be legalized for recreational use?
- Is it important for companies to have diverse and inclusive workforces?
Easy Opinion Essay Topics
An easy opinion essay is a type of academic writing that is simple and straightforward, aimed at expressing the author’s personal viewpoint on a particular topic in a clear and concise manner. The essay is typically structured in a way that is easy to follow, with a brief introduction, a clear thesis statement, and supporting paragraphs that provide evidence and arguments to support the author’s opinion.
Here are 20 easy opinion essay topics:
- The importance of regular exercise
- The benefits of recycling
- The value of a good education
- The advantages of living in a small town
- The benefits of volunteering
- The importance of good nutrition
- The impact of social media on society
- The value of reading books
- The importance of time management
- The benefits of a positive attitude
- The importance of family
- The impact of technology on our daily lives
- The importance of a healthy work-life balance
- The value of teamwork
- The impact of music on our mood
- The importance of honesty
- The benefits of having a hobby
- The importance of personal hygiene
- The value of learning a second language
- The impact of climate change on our planet
Opinion Essay Topics for High School Students
- Should parents stop helping their children at the age of 18? Why or why not?
- What are your thoughts on the current drinking age in the United States? Should it be lowered?
- Should there be limits to freedom of speech? Why or why not?
- Was the current Covid-19 outbreak handled effectively? If not, what could countries have done better?
- Is social media making us less social? Why or why not?
- Is misinformation easier to spread across the web than factual information?
- Success is measured by the amount of money you have in the bank. True or false?
- Is comprehensive education better than work experience?
- Should healthcare be universal? What about global?
- Should everyone have the right to bear arms? Are restrictions strict enough?
Some Great Examples of Opinion Essay Questions
- Should elementary schools continue teaching handwriting?
- Should the means of public transportation be made free in the city?
- Do you think doping should be allowed in sports?
- Does purchasing essays online count as academic cheating?
- Do you think standardized tests are a great measure of an individual’s intelligence?
- Should physical education be made mandatory?
- Should birth control pills be sold over the counter?
- Should be there globally instituted medical control?
- Should the use of smartphones be illegalized in colleges?
- Are online resources reliable for conducting research?
The questions outlined above should give students an idea of how to formulate their own without any difficulties.
A Few Examples of Opinion Essay Ideas
- Gender discrimination in the Shakespearean literature
- Love and death in the 17 th -century literature
- Preservation of the English grammar
- Elimination of paper-based books
- Making classic books free and accessible to everyone.
Students who are struggling with getting ideas for their opinion essays can find the above list useful in coming up with great ideas for their papers.
With the topics outlined in this article, students should get an idea of how to select impeccable topics when writing their opinion essays. If a student is still facing difficulties with selecting perfect topics for their work they are advised to consult professional writers. Getting the help of professional writers is rather easy and straight-forward. The students are only required to place an order in our essay writer service and get comprehensive assistance in choosing perfect essay topics.
What Are Opinion Essay Topics?
How to write opinion essay topics.
- The questions needed to answer in your opinion essay topics
- The top points your audience needs to remember
- The main idea surrounding your paper
- The research process that led to the creation of this opinion
Topic selection, how to select the best opinion essay topic, a list of opinion essay topics.
- Is it ethical to use animals for scientific research, and if not, what are the best alternatives?
- Should third-world countries contribute in the same way as first-world countries regarding climate change?
- Is the use of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) in food production in third-world countries ethical to solve food insecurity?
- Is there a moral obligation to address the rate of racial inequality? What are the policies that should be implemented to reduce it?
- Is it time for the United States of America to withdraw from military engagements in the Middle East?
- Do college students need to be paid to participate in sports events, and how should the payments be structured?
- Did Covid 19 change the learning landscape, and should we embrace online classes from traditional classroom learning?
- Is social media the cause of all the evils erupting among college students, or is it used to cover our societal evils?
- Should there be strict gun control laws in the US, and what steps can be taken to mitigate them?
Opinion Essay Topics for High School Students
- Should smartphones be allowed in the classroom, and what are this policy's potential benefits and drawbacks?
- Should students learn gun protection training to help prevent catastrophes due to mass school shootings?
- Is homeschooling a viable alternative to traditional education? What are the benefits that come with it?
- Is there any ethical issue related to performance-enhancing drugs in sports, and what are their potential risks and benefits?
- Is sex education an important topic that must be integrated into the educational system?
- Are standardized tests an effective measure of student learning, and what other alternatives exist?
Some Great Examples of Opinion Essay Questions
- Between factual and false information, which information spreads the most on today's Internet?
- Is getting into an ivy league university equivalent to accruing success in your career?
- Should government control religious practices?
- Should students use CahtGPT and other AI for research purposes?
- Are standardized tests a good measure of a student's intelligence?
- Do all students need mandatory physical education?
- Is social media creating lazy students?
- Is there a need for global medication control?
A Few Examples of Opinion Essay Ideas
- Impact of technology on human relationships
- Benefits of social media drawbacks for personal and professional use
- Instances of gender discrimination in Shakespeare's literature
- Gun control laws in the USA
- Social media influence on teenagers
- Impact of video gaming on children and teenagers
- Why cultural diversity and inclusion are important
- Effectiveness of online learning compared to traditional classroom learning
- Role of government in regulating the food industry
- Ethics of genetic engineering and potential risks and benefits
- Impact of technology on the job market
- Need for diversity in the entertainment industry
- Effectiveness of current education systems in preparing students for the future
100+ Original Opinion Essay Topics
Opinion essay topics and ideas can be a great way to express your thoughts and opinions on a variety of topics. Opinion essays allow you to explore a variety of topics and express your own opinion on them. You can choose to write about current events, social issues, political issues, or any other topic that you feel strongly about. When writing an opinion essay, it is important to be clear and concise in your writing and to provide evidence to support your opinion. Additionally, it is important to consider the opinions of others and to be respectful of their views. By doing so, you can create a well-rounded and thoughtful opinion essay.
How to Select the Best Opinion Essay Topic?
When selecting an opinion essay topic, it is important to consider the purpose and audience of the essay. It is also important to choose a topic that is interesting and engaging to the reader. Consider the topics that you are passionate about and that you have a strong opinion on. It is also important to consider the amount of research that is required for the topic. Once you have narrowed down your list of topics, it is important to research the topic to ensure that you have a thorough understanding of the topic. Additionally, it is important to consider the opposing viewpoint and to be prepared to address it in your essay. Finally, it is important to select a topic that is relevant and timely. By following these steps, you can be sure to select the best opinion essay topics.
- Consider the purpose of your essay. Are you writing to inform, persuade, or entertain? Knowing the purpose of your essay will help you narrow down your topic choices.
- Think about the audience you are writing for. Are you writing for a general audience or a specific group? Knowing your audience will help you choose a topic that is interesting and relevant.
- Consider the scope of your essay. Is your essay going to be short or long? Is it going to focus on a single issue or a range of topics? Knowing the scope of your essay will help you determine which topics are appropriate.
- Research the topics you are considering. Look for sources that provide reliable information and explore different perspectives on the issue. This will help you make an informed decision about which topic is best for your essay.
- Choose a topic that you are passionate about. Writing about something you are passionate about will make the process of writing your essay much easier and more enjoyable. With these tips, you can select the best opinion essay topic for your assignment.
Opinion Topics in History
- The Impact of the Industrial Revolution on Society
- The Legacy of the American Revolution
- The Role of Women in Ancient Civilizations
- The Influence of Religion on Politics
- The Causes of the French Revolution
- The Impact of Imperialism on Colonialism
- The Significance of the Cold War
- The Legacies of the Civil Rights Movement
- The Impact of the Scientific Revolution
- The Role of Technology in Modern Society
Personal Opinion Essay Topics
- Should parents be allowed to choose their children's education?
- Should the government impose stricter gun control laws?
- Should the death penalty be abolished?
- Should the voting age be lowered?
- Should the legal drinking age be lowered?
- Should marijuana be legalized?
- Should the government provide free healthcare?
- Should the government provide free college tuition?
- Should the government increase taxes on the wealthy?
- Should the government invest more in renewable energy sources?
Environment Opinion Essay Topics
- What are the most effective ways to reduce air pollution?
- Should governments impose stricter regulations on companies to reduce their environmental impact?
- Should the use of plastic be banned?
- Is nuclear energy a viable alternative to fossil fuels?
- What are the most effective ways to reduce water pollution?
- Should governments invest more in renewable energy sources?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of using genetically modified crops?
- Should the use of pesticides be banned?
- How can we reduce our reliance on fossil fuels?
- What are the most effective ways to reduce deforestation?
Nursing Opinion Essay Topics
- What are the benefits of a career in nursing?
- What challenges do nurses face in the healthcare system?
- How can nurses best advocate for their patients?
- What role does technology play in modern nursing?
- How can nurses help to reduce medical errors?
- How can nurses help to improve patient satisfaction?
- What is the impact of nurse-patient ratios on patient care?
- How can nurses help to reduce healthcare costs?
- What ethical considerations are important for nurses to consider?
- How can nurses help to reduce health disparities?
Social Media Opinion Essay Topics
- The Impact of Social Media on Mental Health
- The Role of Social Media in Political Activism
- The Pros and Cons of Social Media
- The Impact of Social Media on Relationships
- The Impact of Social Media on Education
- The Impact of Social Media on Business
- The Impact of Social Media on Privacy
- The Impact of Social Media on Self-Esteem
- The Impact of Social Media on Youth Culture
- The Impact of Social Media on News Consumption
- The Impact of Social Media on Advertising
- The Impact of Social Media on Social Movements
- The Impact of Social Media on Social Interaction
- The Impact of Social Media on Social Change
- The Impact of Social Media on Society
Literature Opinion Essay Topics
- Is there a universal classic book that everyone should read?
- Is there a difference between classic literature and modern literature?
- How has literature changed over the years?
- What is the most important element of a successful novel?
- What is the most important thing a reader should look for in a book?
- Is there a difference between reading a book and watching a movie based on the book?
- What is the most important lesson that literature can teach us?
- What is the most important thing that literature can teach us about life?
- How has literature influenced society?
- What is the most important thing that literature can teach us about ourselves?
- How has literature changed over time?
- What is the most important thing that literature can teach us about the world?
- How has literature shaped our culture?
- What is the most important thing that literature can teach us about justice?
- How has literature impacted our understanding of history?
- How has literature shaped our understanding of morality?
- What is the most important thing that literature can teach us about love?
- How has literature helped to shape our understanding of gender roles?
- What is the most important thing that literature can teach us about democracy?
- How has literature helped to shape our understanding of race and ethnicity?
Opinion Essay Topics for High School Students
- Should students be allowed to have cellphones in school?
- Should students have to wear uniforms?
- Should students be required to take physical education classes?
- Should students be allowed to grade their teachers?
- Should students be required to do community service?
- Should students be allowed to pray in school?
- Should students be allowed to eat during class?
- Should students be allowed to listen to music during class?
- Should students be allowed to use social media in school?
- Should students be allowed to have part-time jobs?
Education Opinion Essay Topics
- Should standardized tests be abolished?
- Should college tuition be free?
- What is the best way to teach a foreign language?
- Should the education system be more flexible?
- Should online education be more widely available?
- Should schools prioritize STEM education?
- Should schools provide more vocational training?
- Should schools have uniforms? Should schools have a longer school day?
- Should schools have a longer school year?
- Should schools have more extracurricular activities?
- Should schools provide more mental health services?
- Should schools provide more career guidance?
- Should schools be more culturally inclusive?
- Should schools provide more financial literacy education?
- Should schools provide more technology education?
- Should schools have more parental involvement?
- Should schools have more community involvement?
- Should schools have more global awareness education?
- Should schools have more environmental education?
Psychology Opinion Essay Topics
- The Role of Genetics in Personality Development
- The Effects of Childhood Trauma on Adult Mental Health
- The Impact of Technology on Human Behavior
- The Relationship Between Stress and Mental Health
- The Impact of Substance Abuse on Mental Health
- The Role of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in Mental Health
- The Impact of Sleep Deprivation on Mental Health
- The Role of Attachment Theory in Mental Health
- The Impact of Culture on Mental Health
- The Role of Exercise in Mental Health
- The Impact of Parenting Styles on Mental Health
- The Role of Nature vs. Nurture in Mental Health
- The Impact of Social Support on Mental Health
- The Role of Gender in Mental Health
- The Impact of Religion on Mental Health
- The Role of Self-Esteem in Mental Health
- The Impact of Media on Mental Health
- The Role of Nutrition in Mental Health
- The Impact of Trauma on Mental Health
Opinion Essay Topics on Culture;
- The Impact of Social Media on Culture
- The Role of Religion in Society
- The Impact of Technology on Culture
- The Influence of Music on Culture
- The Impact of Immigration on Culture
- The Role of Education in Shaping Culture
- The Impact of Media on Culture
- The Influence of Art on Culture
- The Impact of Language on Culture
- The Role of Family in Shaping Culture
- The Impact of Social Class on Culture
- The Role of Gender in Society
- The Impact of Globalization on Culture
- The Influence of Pop Culture on Society
- The Role of Tradition in Culture
In conclusion, opinion essay topics can be a great way to express your thoughts and opinions on a variety of topics. Whether you are writing about current events, social issues, or personal experiences, opinion essays can be a great way to explore your ideas and share them with others. By researching your topic and writing a well-structured essay, you can make sure that your opinion is heard and respected.
Order your paper now!
- Criminology Essay Topics
- 100+ Best Exemplification Essay Topics
- Economics Essay Topics
- 110 Great Process Analysis Essay Topics Ideas
- 100+ Greek Mythology Essay Topics Ideas For You
- Our Teacher Team
- Our Philosophy
- SRF News Review
- Latest Swiss News
- Online Registration
- General Terms & Conditions
- Job openings
- Course Cancellation Insurance
- Legal Notice
- Data Protection Regulation DSGVO
- Online lessons
- Essay Practice at Home
- Essay topics secondary school
Essay topics selection
Topics for essays secondary school, discussions.
- You have to be lucky Do you really have to? Address this assertion by illustrating your opinion with an experience or situation.
- Me on the Net We show ourselves in the various social media the way we want to see ourselves and be perceived by others. Why do most people only show themselves with edited photos. Is the natural image no longer enough? Do we want to portray a different personality?
- Should you always tell the truth? Are there situations in which you are allowed or even required to lie? Have you ever experienced such a situation?
- Dream job of the future Many young people dream of earning a lot of money with little effort. Does hard, physical work still make sense today? Or is working all day from Monday to Friday too strenuous?
- Misunderstandings How do misunderstandings arise? What are their consequences? Describe your experiences with this topic.
- Arguing is healthy. Is it really? Using examples from your own experience, show to what extent you can agree with this assertion and where you may also have reservations.
- Today's youth is spoiled. What do you think about this often-heard claim? Why do you think people think that today's youth are spoiled? What could you say to counter this claim?
- I am convinced of that! (Difficult topic, very open, here you can write a lot of things). Write about a concern that is particularly important to you, and outline how you might defend your beliefs to dissenters.
Feelings and thoughts
- Faces on the train Tell about people you observed while traveling on public transportation. What fascinated you about these people? What do you think these people were thinking and feeling, what might be your story? How did you feel while observing these people?
- I do not want to do this job There are professions that are very special and demanding. Is there a profession that you would definitely not be able to do? What is the reason for it? What do you think about the people who do this job?
- Sympathy for a foreign country School, books, television, and possibly travel have introduced you to a foreign country and its people. Explain why you have affection for this country and its people.
- I feel comfortable (or not comfortable) in this group Sometimes you feel well received and secure in a group right from the start. But it also happens that you feel excluded or disregarded. Describe a situation in which you felt comfortable/not comfortable. What went through your mind, what did you feel?
- Feeling at home - feeling foreign When do you feel at home? What contributes to that? And under what circumstances do you feel foreign?
- Then I was really ashamed Describe a situation in which you felt really ashamed. How did it come about? How did you feel? What did you do to overcome the unpleasant feelings?
- I no longer understand the world What situations or circumstances make you shake your head? Are there things in our world that you just can't understand? What goes on in your mind when you experience such situations, what do you think about?
Description- Experience Report
- Role change Describe a situation in which someone, for some reason, exchanges their previous role (e.g., leader, follower, fifth wheel, etc.) for another.
- I only mean well with you! Tell us how you heard this sentence. How did you receive this statement?
- The first day in a foreign city You are in a foreign city for the first time, whether on vacation or for other reasons (school, visit, etc.). What did you experience that day?
- My four walls Describe how you decorated your room and what some of the objects and pictures in it mean to you. Would you rearrange your room? Why? What would you change?
- Unpleasant visits Describe situations that made you uncomfortable, either as a visitor or as a host. Why did you feel uncomfortable in each situation?
- An argument with an adult person Tell how the dispute came about and how it was resolved. Then evaluate the outcome of the dispute.
- The worst/ the best day in my life Describe the worst or most beautiful day in your life. Why was this day especially bad/beautiful? What happened?
- A person I admire Tell about a person YOU admire. It can be someone you know or someone you have never met. Why do you admire this person? What can you learn from him?
Attention: fantasy essays are particularly difficult to write. Unlike discussions and descriptions, it is not possible to follow a specific pattern. Moreover, there is usually no "middle range" (grade 4 to 4.75) for fantasy essays. Invented stories are usually evaluated as very good or very bad (clearly insufficient). Therefore, only "essay professionals" , i.e. those students who usually get good grades for their essays, should dare to write fantasy essays.
- A day in the life of a handkerchief (difficult subject, avoid at the exam). You are the handkerchief! What do you experience during the day?
- Stealth This is a very special cap: it makes you invisible when you put it on. You are in possession of such a cap and write down your experiences with it in a story.
- The super nose Recovering from an illness, you find that you perceive all smells many times more intensely than ever before. And now? Describe your life with the super nose.
- If I could make the weather Imagine you have the power to make the weather on Earth. Tell your story: Who are you? How do you live? How do you use your abilities? What are the consequences of your actions?
- I put myself in... (Difficult topic, a lot of creativity is needed here) Replace yourself in an animal, plant or object from your environment (family, school or leisure), and describe what you experience and perceive from your new point of view.
- A world without paper. How do you imagine a world without paper? Describe this world! Think about what human relationships and activities would look like there, how everyday situations would work, e.g. at school, in your free time, at home, at work, etc.....
- The beginning of a story is as follows: " "They still all ask me how it happened, the other day, and why I did it. They all say it wasn't the first time I'd been alone in the apartment for a few hours.... . " Keep writing the story!
Essay correction online
Essay topics for 5th / 6th grade, found the right topic .
Then upload your essay now to have it corrected.
Essay – examples & model answers | B2 First (FCE)
FCE Essay Examples: Topic (Environment)
Example exam task:, example answer (grade: 3), example answer:.
I think that my country has problems with pollution to the environment like all other countries. This problem is normal for Russia. We have big problems with transport because there are too much cars in our country. And because of that we have problems with atmospeer, air in my city and in all Russia is really dirty and sometimes I can’t make a sigh because it smells around me and of course around that cars on the road. I’ve heard about tradition of one country. They don’t go anywhere by car one day a month or a year, they just use bycicle or their feet. I think it could be very good if we had a tradition like that.
So, what about the rivers and the seas? Yeah, there are some really good and clean rivers and seas where you can go, but there are not many of them. Once I saw the river OB in my city, it was about two years ago but I stil remember that in some places it was not blue, it was green or purple I didn’t really understand because it had different colours.
I don’t know what should we do. Maybe we should just open our eyes and look what we did. But Russian people don’t care about the world around them many people care only about themselves an that’s all.
So, the best idea is look around and try to do something good for our planet and for us and our children.
FCE, CAE, CPE
Practice, write & improve, examiners comments & grade:, example answer (grade: 3-4).
To begin with pollution and damage to the environment is the most serious and difficult problem for countries of all over the world. Scientists of different countries predict a global ecocatastrophe if people won’t change their attitude to our planet.
First of all a huge damage to the environment brings a transport. People can’t imagine their living without cars, buses, trains, ships and planes. But it’s an open secret that one of disadvantage of these accustomed things is harmful exhaust. Needless to say that use of environment friendly engines helps us to save atmosphere from pollution.
In addition to this our rivers and seas are in not less danger situation. It’s a fact of common knowledge that numerous factories and plants pour off their waste to ponds. Obviously that cleaning manufacturing water helps to avoid extinction of ocean residents.
Apart from this I’m inclined to believe that every person can and must contribute to solving this important problem. Doing a little steps for protection our environment every day we will be able to save our Earth. And it’s a task of each of us.
Model Answer (Grade: 5)
DEVELOPMENT VS ENVIRONMENT
If we surf the web looking for pollution and environmental catastrophes, we will find out that every country in the world suffers them. This is a natural consequence of the struggle between development and environment.
If a country decided to live isolated from the rest of the world, living on what it can naturally grow and produce, it surely wouldn’t be highly polluted. But we all want exotic food and technological items from all over the world, so we have to pay the price.
Investing on electrical transport would benefit the environment a lot. Even more if this electricity came from a natural source of energy like wind, rivers and solar boards. It’s difficult to achieve this because petrol companies will fight against these actions.
We also have to take care of our rivers and seas. We all have heard about factories throwing highly toxic substances to rivers, without minimizing their poisoning effects. A really strict law should be applied to fine these factories and make them change their policy.
But what about ourselves? We also can do a lot! If, when possible, we bought larger packs of food, we would be producing less rubbish. And this is only an example!
FCE Essay Examples: Topic (Fashion)
In today’s world, the fashion industry has a strong importance in people’s lives. The fashion industry say to the society what to wear and creates new types of clothes all the time.
Some people claim that the fashion industry has a bad effect on people’s lives, they say that the fashion industry creates clothes that the society has to wear. Furthermore, the clothes’ price is extremely high and people, who can’t afford it, should not be in the society.
In the other hand, the fashion industry guide the people to be in a good appearance, because, nowadays, the appearance of the person is more important than the person itself.
In my opinion, the fashion industry doesn’t has a bad influence on people’s lives. It’s something which was created to help people what to wear.
Example Answer (Grade: 4)
Fashion industry is very a discussed subject nowadays: they create and design new clothes everyday in order to satisfy some people needs.
There are many people who claim that the fashion industry is important and good for society. According to them, this industry design beautiful clothes and thanks to that every person can wear shirts, trousers or any acessory which is on today’s fashion.
On the other hand, the fashion industry in some people opinion, controls the market of clothes and because of that they can’t wear what they want to. In addition, the industry can increase the price of clothes, forcing people who don’t want to be “oldfashioned” to buy and pay a large amount of money to keep “beautiful”.
In my opinion, we can’t let the fashion industry decide what we must or musn’t wear. We shouldn’t judge people for its appearance,because that is not important. We must wear whatever we like, want and feel confortable with.
The society we live today is characterised by technology in constant development, fast speed processes, information travelling and getting to people at a blink of an eye and a complex web of social networking. In this context, the fashion industry is becoming increasingly important and having a more and more paramount role in our lives.
On one hand, the fashion industry is undeniably a source of profit and income. It hires millions of people all over the world and generates millions of dollars every year. Furthermore, such profitable business is also believed to be able to spread and make known the culture of a people, encouraging and enhancing a better understanding of each other.
Nevertheless, for those who are neither impressed nor motivated by numbers and figures, the fashion industry is seen as one which segregates people, isolating those who not fit their laws and commands. It is stated that people place too much importance on appearance and the material, world, sadly true, and the fashion industry just spurs on such situation. Moreover, not only are the costs of fashion item unrealistically high, it is thought to be a money better spent on more pressing issues, such as poverty and hunger.
I do believe that the fashion industry, as it is today, has a harmful effect, because it values a minority of people in detriment to the majority. However, it has such a wide reach that, it put into a good use, it can save lives.
FCE Essay Examples: Topic (Languages)
“There are more reasons to learn a foreign language than to pass a test”
Everything around us revolves around language(s), it is the most important thing in our lives. Society would just not function without it. They are It is our future and I would personaly love to learn as many as I possibly can.
Not everything in life is done because it is necessary. Learning a new language can be a lot of fun. Many people only do it as a hoby, or their knowledge is something that brings them pride and pleasure.
Secondly, we have people who do it simply to challenge themselves. Truly I believe that having a great outcome that stems from your hard work and dedication to learn something new is a wonderful way to challenge prove your ability to yourself and others. Then there is travelling. It is very important to be able to understand and have a conversation with someone abroad, unless you would like to get lost or worse.
To conclude, I think that learning a new language is an amazing thing no matter why you do it. It is always better to do things out of enjoyment, but even if you do it for a test, that knowledge will always be useful.
Learning a a foreign languages is very important nowadays. English, in particular, is essential because it allows is spoken all over the world. That’s the reason why we start studying it from the age of six years old. Going abroad and being able to speak to native people is very satisfying and that’s why I want to improve my knowledge about foreign languages.
I decided to take this exam to know how high my level of English is, but also because I need this certification to go abroad next summer. I really want to come back to Cornwall, an amazing region in the South-West of England. I’ve been there twice with my family, but now I want to go alone. Only being there to England I can really improve my English comprehension and speaking skills.
Fortunately I can will have some English lessons which taught in English at university and I can’t wait for it because it will be an interesting challenge for me. Studying foreign languages is essential to live and to travel. It isn’t simple and I surely have to challenge myself everyday, but the result is so satisfying that we I can’t do without it.
FCE Essay Example: Topic (History)
A very common topic that is being discussed nowadays is wether schools should teach subjects that some may consider useless later in life. A clear example is history, since it is quite difficult to learn and does not help us in day-to-day activities.
However, many people do not realize the importance of it or that it affects our lives today. For example, our political system would not be this way if it weren’t for the Ancient Greeks, numerous politicians and wars who helped shape democracy and our constitution. Yet it is still thought that it’s useless.
In addition, it is very important that we never forget about our past since we must know where we were standing years ago. Moreover, there are some things, such as World War II, that we have to remember to prevent them from happening again. We should also know where we we were standing a century ago: our origins, our identity. The more you learn about your ethnicity, the better.
All in all, I think that it is extremely important to learn about one’s own country’s history. Anyone who gets the chance to do this should not waste it, since they are very fortunate to have this opportunity
Would you pass B2 First (FCE)?
- Cookies Policy
- Web Development